Cookies on the www.popeleadership.org website
Cookies and other similar technologies policy
In view of making the contents of the www.popeleadership.org website (hereinafter referred to as the „Site”) accessible, it uses so-called cookies, that is, information saved by servers on the user’s terminal equipment. This information can be read by the servers during every connection from that terminal equipment. The Site may also use other technologies serving functions similar or identical to cookies. In this document, information concerning cookies also applies to other similar technologies used within our websites. Cookie files are IT data, especially text files, that are stored on the website user’s terminal equipment. Cookies usually contain the domain name of the website they come from, storage time on the terminal equipment and a unique number.
Cookie files are used for the following purposes:
- to adjust the content of the websites to the user’s preferences and to optimise website use; in particular, these files allow to identify the user’s device and display the appropriate view of the website, adjusted to their individual needs;
- to produce statistics that help understand how the site users use the websites. This enables the improvement of their structure and content;
- to maintain the website user’s session (after logging in). Thanks to that, the user does not have to re-enter their login and password on each subsite;
- to provide the users with advertising content more adjusted to their interests.
Within our website, we may use the following types of cookie files:
- “necessary” cookies enabling the use of services available within a website, e.g. authentication cookies used for services that require authentication within a site;
- user centric security cookies, e.g. cookies used to detect abuse in the scope of authentication within the site;
- cookie files allowing to collect data concerning the use of the site’s websites;
- “functional” cookie files allowing to “remember” the settings selected by the user and personalise the user’s interface, e.g. in the scope of the chosen language and the region of the user, the font size, the view of the website, etc.;
- “advertising” cookie files allowing to provide the users with advertising content that is more adjusted to their interests.
In many cases, the software used to browse websites (Internet browsers) allow for the storage of cookie files in the user’s terminal equipment by default. The site users may change the settings concerning cookie files at any time. These settings can be changed especially in such a way as to block the automatic use of cookie files in the Internet browser settings or as to inform of each instance of saving cookies on the website user’s terminal equipment. Detailed information concerning the possibility and ways of using cookies is available in the settings of the software (Internet browser). Not changing the cookie settings means that they will be placed on the user’s terminal equipment, and therefore we will store information on the user’s terminal equipment and gain access to that information.
Disabling cookie use may cause difficulties in using some services within our websites – especially the ones that require logging in. However, disabling the “accept cookies” function does not result in the lack of possibility to read or watch the content placed on the website such as this Site – with the exception of the content the access to which requires logging in.
Cookie files may be placed on the website user’s terminal equipment and subsequently used by the advertisers cooperating with the Site, by research companies and by providers of multimedia applications.
You can read more about cookies here.